Thursday, July 4, 2024

Back in the Scrap Game- kind of

When I first started this blog 150 years ago (give or take a few),  one of the main reasons was because I scrapbooked. I scrapped a lot! I was on creative teams and even dabbled at designing. Then, after Abraham was born, I just didn't have a lot of time and then my hard drive crashed and I lost pretty much every digital scrapbook kit that I had.                                                                                                                   It's literally been almost a full decade since I was in "the game" and Lorelai, who just turned 6, has noticed. I have started a digital scrapbook for her since then. I'm trying to do about a page for each month of her life, with the hopes that I'll get to go back to some of those months and do more for more of my kids (Seriously, Abe only has like 10 pages total and most of Paisley's are as a baby/toddler).                            Part of this, though, means jumping back into the community because without the challenges and sales on kits, I'd have no idea where to start. There are two websites I am currently active on: The Sweet Shoppe and GingerScraps. I've actually been on GingerScraps this whole time, but just recently joined Sweet Shoppe. The main pull there was that is where Ponytails Designs sells her goods and I LOVE her kits. I was on her creative team and that brought me so much joy!!!                                                                                At Gingerscraps, I completed TEN pages in the month of June (technically 11, one didn't count for the challenges because I didn't read the fine print on them), So that's pretty cool.  Here they are:                                                   
                 Template by J.Conlon & Sons, Kit was GingerScraps Fiesta Fun                                                                
                 
Kit is GingerScrap's Fiesta Fun   The brush was by Craft-tastrophic Design                                                      
                     
Jumpstart Designs- Be The Reason                                                                                                                                                        
                     
Kit is Family is Forever Collection by Tami Miller and Aimee Harrison Designs                                                                                                
                                
Over the Moon by GingerScraps                                                                                                                                                                
                     
Template is Pocketfuls 6 by Ponytails

Kit is Roses are Red, Violets are Blue by Memory Mosiacs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            


                                                                                This one is probably my current favorite pages. Kit is Family Is Forever Collab by Tami Miller Designs and Aimee Harrison Designs.                                                                                                        

(It's supposed to. be a 2 page spread) Tracey Monette (Clever Monkey Graphics) School Rules                                                                            
                         I used GingerScraps- Fiesta Fun, except for the staples, which are from Memory Mosiacs.


Template is the Freebie from Tinci Designs for June 2024                                                                                                                        


This kit is Roses Are Red by Memory Mixers. Except the string. That is from Lindsey Jane Designs in the kit Lots of Stars.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Then there is The Sweet Shoppe! I only did 2 pages for them last month and you have to complete 8, I think, to get any prizes, so I didn't even submit them. While I do prefer the format of GingerScraps, I am quite impressed by the designers at Sweet Shoppe. And they are doing a pretty cool summer challenge. Here are the pages I did in June for Sweet Shoppe:                            
                             Template is Ponytails Divided Loyalties #3
Kit is Ponytails Sweet Tea & Sunshine                                                                                            
                 Kit is Today's Adventure by Amanda Yi                                                                                        Which all leads me up to now. For the first challenge on the Summer Scrap Event, they played a scrabble game. I was frustrated at first because it seemed so complicated. I literally had to have Husband sit and read the instructions so he could best explain it to me. Here is my scrabble page:                                                                        
                                                     Long story short, each letter in each word represents something on my page. QUAD - q for QR code, U for unshadowed ribbon (who knew that forgetting to shadow would be a help for the challenge?), A for Arrow, and D for Doily.   STAMP is because I have S- "Sweet Someday" Font, T- tab, A- Adorable photo, M- Mat on photo, P- Pin. Here's the page that allowed that. Here's a shocker, both template and kit are by Ponytails Design. Template is Divided Loyalties (though I did modify a fair amount) and kit is Time 4 Me.        
                 Anyway, thanks for perusing!!! If you start digiscrapping, please let me know. I'm always looking for digiscrap friends. And if you hear of any designers with openings on their team, I might be interested..... 











                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!