Saturday, July 27, 2024

Sweet Shoppe Summer Scrap A Thon

 First, let me say that I am not on any creative teams for Sweet Shoppe, so I'm legit not under any requirement to post these. I literally get nothing from it but sharing my excitement.

So this summer, the site is hosting a bunch of challenges. They post one pretty much every other day. I'm still one or two behind, but y'all know how much I love a theme. This year's theme is games (because of the Olympic Games). So clever.

Scrabble:

This one was kind of complicated to describe, but here it is, lol. The kit I used was from Ponytail Designs. It's called Time for Me.

Scattegories: We picked a letter and did as many things as we could with that letter. I chose the letter S. Stars, Sidewalk Chalk, Sixteen Squares, etc). 

 For that one, I used a kit called A Little Dramatic by Kristin Cronin-Barrow. I actually find myself using this kit a LOT. 

Black Jack: We could only use 21 things and everything had to be B&W.
That's also using the kit mentioned above- A Little Dramatic


Wordle: We used a 5 letter title
So funny thing about this kit- I never would have purchased it because it's so not my style. But I think I've used it a least 3 times, so I'm very grateful I won it. It's called Today's Adventure by Amanda Yi.

Crazy 8s: We had to do 8 of everything. I think I ended up doing 8 things of 8. I don't remember.
 I used Sweet Tea & Sunshine from Ponytails Designs,

Game of Life: This one, I messed up on. I used a kit from GingerScraps, but this competition is for Sweet Shoppe, so this didn't count at all. So sad. It's ok, I was able to use it for a different contest at GingerScraps, but still.


The kit is Airplane Mode by GingerScraps


Chutes and Ladders: This one we had to use a ladder type stacks and also have a curvy element.
 This adorable kit is called Energy Saving Mode by Erica Zane

Ticket to Ride: We were supposed to put our favorite places to travel or our travel bucket list. So yeah, that was kind of a hard one for me.
This was a mini kit that was part of a prize for spending a certain amount at the shoppe. It's called Radiate Joy and it's by Traci Reed. I guess you can't get it now? Weird, because I contemplated getting the full kit eventually. Oh well, live and learn.

Tic Tac Toe: They provided the stitches in the Tic Tac Toe shape. I couldn't help but do a two page spread featuring our fun trip to the Gateway Children's Museum. Fun fact- on our way to the museum that day, it was literally raining mud. I had to pull over a few times to pour water on the windshield because it was so bad.



This is another fabulous kit from Ponytails called Shoot for the Stars

Yahtzee: We go to choose a dice and kind of replicate the "flow" of the face. I chose 2.
I'm sure you're shocked to hear that this is using that A Little Dramatic kit that I've already mentioned twice in this thread....

Candy Land: We had to put ice cream or candy on the page. This one I struggled with. For one, my kids don't eat a ton of candy ever since we did Feingold. So I had these fun pics of my siblings (most of em). As for the kit, it's super not my style. I had won it for free and it had ice cream in it. But yeah, this one isn't one of my favorites (except the people in it!)
The kit is called Adventureland and it's by Sweet Doll

Connect 4: We needed to take 4 photos that may not seem connected at all, but are. These photos were from the same zoo trip, but discombombulated. It's because they're the only cell phone pics I took that day. I'd love to do more zoo pages, but.... I can't find my hard drive that has ALL of my camera photos from 2021 at least one it....
Kit is from Crazy Monkey Designs and is called Zoo-pendous

Tetris: How fun was this?!?! We just needed to use Tetris shapes. So I did. This is the background paper I made first
and then I put this page on top of it.
I'm pretty much in love with it. Also, This kit!!! Can I just say- AMAZING. You'll probably see lots of pages from it. The kit is called All You Need and it's by Blagovesta Gosheva

Anyway, thanks for humoring me. :D















No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!