Today we'll start with "care packages."
Best Friends: (this is more for girls between 7-14 yrs old)
- A card
- Clothespin Dolls*- these can be done two ways. In a kit for the receiver to put together themselves, or already made. Find out how to make them here (although I'd look for the clothespins at the dollar store first, that's where I found mine). For cute packaging, try this
- Friendship Bracelets* Learn how here
- No Sew Fleece Pillow KIT (so she has something to do). Just include materials and instructions, found here
- Photo Holder- there are lots of different kinds to make. One is here. You can also try this: Cut small styrofoam ball in half. Painted as desired. Cut 1-3 pieces of 24 guage wire into say 10" -12"pieces. Curl into spirals at one end. Stick into foam. Decorate as desired.
- Headbands- Scarfbands or Take some ribbon, as wide as you like, measure it so it goes *almost* around the head (make sure it's a similar size for the person you're sending it to). Make sure the edges aren't going to unravel by either hemming, fray checking or burning the edges. On one end of the scarf, sew a button. On the other, loop a piece of thin elastic and sew it to that edge. Put it around head and make sure the loop fits around the button.
- Jump Rope- not very expensive, but if you know how to knit, then try this one
- CD Case Book- you could put pictures of you and the person you're sending it too, or write a story. They're adorable!
- Things to just buy: stickers, lip gloss, the person's favorite candy, glitter pens, mini notebooks, cute erasers
- Heating pad: make in a square for anywhere or as an eye mask. Use rice and any scrap fabrics, aren't they beautiful?
- For younger kids, the special box would be a great way to occupy them. If you use stamp pads, be sure to include a few "fingerprint animals" or fingerprint crafts. If it's an option, Ed Embry books would be GREAT with this!
- Soup in a Jar- Find a recipe for chicken noodle soup here and other soups here
- Slippers- all kinds, there are! knitted, felted, crocheted, and others
- Spiced Tea in a Jar
- Stuffed animal- there are so many tutorials for all kinds of stuffed animals, but here is the basic. Here are some more complicated ideas
- Things to buy: Mug, bowl, favorite magazine, DVD rental gift card