Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fun weekend!!- part 3

After our fun Goblin Valley and Green Riverness, we decided to take the long way home and revisit Ephriam (where Roger and I met, fell in love, and lived for the first year of our marriage). We said goodbye to our other friends, passed Heather and Jordan (who didn't even notice us), and headed south. There will be writing after the first few pictures. Just FYI.
We had been in the car for HOURS, so we decided to stop at Manti and take a looksie at the temple grounds before the next 15 min to Ephraim. Ok, so  really it was so I could get more shots to add to the prints I have available on CTR-Ring.com (though there's not a picture up, hmmmm).









Let me know what you think of the pics, k? So I know which ones to submit for sale and which ones to put on my etsy shop.

I only got a couple pictures of Ephraim because I was crying way, WAY too hard. I didn't think it would affect me the way it did when we pulled up in front of where the Happy House used to be and saw just field. I tried to describe to my kids that the Happy House was where Mommy and Daddy met (a long conversation of "hey".) It was where Mommy and Daddy got to know each other, played cards, Sardines, watched movies.... Where Mommy and Daddy had their first kiss. Where we almost broke up but decided instead to give it a REAL shot. Where we made friends that we knew would last a lifetime and a love for each other that would last for eternity.

To add to my memory pain, we drove by Fern Young Hall (where I lived). While we had lived in Ephraim, they converted that dorm into office buildings. The building was still there, but all windows were gone- they were doing SOMEthing....

1 comment:

  1. Last time I went to Ephraim, there were a lot of campus buildings from my Snow years that were not there anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!