Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Keeva Body Wash and Conditioner Review

This review has been... interesting.... to say the least. As most of you know, my family is very aware of what goes into and on our bodies. So when I saw these two products, I was CRAZY excited!!! Reading the description, you are under the impression that these are going to be SO good for you and totally natural. However, reading the reviews and the ingredients are a little bit disconcerting. What the company says doesn't exactly match what their label says.

Here's a photo of the product- (they are linked to the item on Amazon for purchasing) #keeva


I decided to dig a little deeper.
First, let's talk about the body wash.

When you see that bottle, you think WOOHOO!! I'm going to get a great dose of those three fabulous oils, right?
Here is a list of the ingredients:
Water, lauric acid, palmitic acid, potassium hydroxide, glycol distearate, lauryl,, alcohol, Cocoamidopropyl DEA, menthol, sodium chloride alcohol, vegetable oils, xanthan gum, citric acid, NMF50, essence, tocopherol acetate, salt
So, which of those ingredients mean Argan Oil, Tea Tree Oil, or Coconut Oil? Probably only in the "essence" which is super frustrating.

That aside, let's talk about how it works. My husband is greatly relieved that it doesn't smell like tea tree. It is a very gentle soap and we have been using it for the whole family. The smell is very pleasant and the foaming is fabulous. I don't know that I'd pay full price for it just because the differentiation between Claim and Ingredient. 

Alright, now the conditioner.
I feel like this is a game of Good/Better/Best
Before this, I was using Herbal Essence.
Ingredients for Herbal Essence: 
Water/Eau, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide Mea, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-76, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Edta, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Red 33, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1
Right off the top of the bat, the colors really bother me. As does the Fragrance, esp since it's so high up on the list.

Then I reviewed a shampoo

It was fabulous and here are the ingredients:
Distilled water, Argan (Moroccan) Oil, Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Camellia Seed Oil, Botanical Keratin, and Almond Oil,Coconut oil, acyl sarcosine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium lauroyl sarcosine, GRECAT BTMS-350
There is no doubt whatsoever that the main ingredient, Argan Oil, is IN the product. It's ingredient #2 and clearly labeled. I SO love and appreciate this!!!
Now back to the product we're reviewing today.
Water, cetearyl alcohol, glycerin, isohexadecane, Isododecane, stearamidopropyl, dimethylamine, fragrance, dicetyldimonium chloride, panthenol, argania spinosa, Kernel oil, hydrolyzed keratin, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, Quaternium-91, cetrimonium, methosulfate, benzophenone-4, NMF50, citric acid, diazolidinyl urea, lodopropynyl
Nowhere are the words "coconut oil," "argan oil," or "tea tree oil." Legally, I'm sure they are present somewhere in the "fragrance" or something, but this really bugs me. I feel like labels should be clear and honest. The Keeva conditioner IS by far, better than the Herbal Essence. It leaves my hair crazy smooth and very healthy feeling. It smells great and works well. But honesty means a lot to me.....

I won't say whether you should or shouldn't buy these products. They work well. They smell good. Those are great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!