Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I've failed, so I'm giving away!!!!!

I didn't get the last of the ornaments done. *sniff* Between me being sick, my kids being sick, and this wonderful thing called Christmas, it just didn't happen. I feel like a butt.

A few things have changed here over the holidays. I've decided how much I really love crocheting and painting. I've realized how much more gets done when I'm not on the computer all day. I've realized I can actually help people.

My New Years Resolution is to donate 10% of my crafting time to charities. I already started my first preemie/stillborn blanket to be donated. I think it's been my favorite project for a while. I hope that it can bring somebody comfort and peace. Would you like to join me?  It doesn't have to be a blanket, it could be as simple as a hat. Here are a bunch of links

Next order of business, some of you know that I would like to start a yearly project. I want to work on one holiday for the entire year. For each holiday, I'd like an afghan, a pillow, 6 crochet cupcakes, pot holders, and whatever else I can do for that holiday. I'd LOOOOVE for you to join me!!

First we have to decide which holiday to do this year
1)Halloween
2) Independence Day
3) Christmas

Please vote in the comments. If you have links, projects, or ideas for any of them, feel free to include that in your comment. I'm even doing a givaway. Whichever project gets the most votes, I will take the names of all the people who voted for that one, put them into a hat, draw out a name and send you a hand painted calendar!!!! (Pics to come soon in what will be a very large photo update)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!