Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rainbows, peppers, and protection

Last night there was a beautiful rainbow outside, so I decided to get my camera. By the time I got it, it had faded and this was all that was left of it.
Rainbow

What was I doing outside anyway? We weeded the garden, rebuilt a mini irrigation system, and covered our peppers with cheesecloth. They were getting sunburt, so we researched on how to protect peppers from sunburn. We found a website that said you should make a cheesecloth tent for them. Since everything on the internet is true, we went out and got cheesecloth and stakes. Here's how it looks:
Covered

What am I protecting? you ask..... My peppers! Two of our pepper plants are Horizon's, which I guess are orange, but we had to pick them green because the sunburn was getting mushy. So, after picking those (and cutting off the mushy part) we turned them into super yummy fajitas!! Now here is my biggest pepper.
Pepper

We also have some interesting developments- our yellow pepper plant looks like it might actually be producing banana peppers. Now, if yellow peppers always start like that, I'd like to know. But we may have to just wait it out and see. Not that we'd complain TOO much, we have a banana pepper plant also, but it doesn't have any fruit yet, just blossoms.

Also, since we're looking at my pretty garden, look how pretty my pumpkin blossoms are!!!
Pumpkinflowers



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!