Monday, May 11, 2009

I made the yummiest treats.....

AND FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES!!!!! It makes me want to cry, yessiree it does!!! I made cake balls. Now, they look NOTHING like Bakerella's, but if you've seen more than five pictures on this blog you know that it won't ever come remotely close. I wanted to do some dipped in white chocolate and make them look like golf balls for my dad, but if I made the dimples while the chocolate was melted, it made a big mess and looked spikey. IF I waited more than 10 seconds, the chocolate was too hard. So I just made half dipped in white chocolate and half in dark chocolate.  Since my dad's was made with a yellow cake and coconut pecan frosting (GROSS! COCONUT!!), I made a batch for myself as well. Mine was a chocolate cake mix and cream cheese frosting dipped in milk chocolate. A little piece of heaven!!! So uber yummy. As a matter of fact, they were so yummy, that I used that cake mix to fill some truffles. I am not the biggest fan of ganache, so I personally like them WAY better and afte I use this batch of ganash, will forever be my filling (sorry if I spoiled your Christmas present).

I've been earning a little extra money to send Roger to NYC. He deserves it more than anyone I know. So, I've been making truffles, taking pictures, all that kind of stuff. I really do wish I could sell cake balls, but mine look aweful. Taste good, but look aweful. Oh well. I have resigned myself to the fact that nothing I ever make is going to look just like the picture it was taken from....

Oh! And I was on CraftFail yesterday! :D http://craftfail.com/?p=260



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!