Monday, April 4, 2011

Tempting

So, maybe if I get it all out there I won't be AS tempted......

With our tax return, we put a really big amount to paying off our credit  card. We were hoping to pay off the WHOLE thing, but it would've been the entire tax return and we had some other plans w/ a bit of it. ANYway. So it's close to being paid off. But it is SOOOOOO tempting to start racking it up again. Why, you ask? There are three things I need that are NOT cheap.....

1) I've been whining about it for forever!! I don't even know exactly which one I want or which one is good or anything like that, but I need a camera SOOO badly. I want to take a pic of the one I've got so you could see it, but..... this is the best I could do.

That's a rubber band holding the latch closed. And I can't find my lens cap to save my life. I have to change the rubber band every time I take the memory card out. It sucks.
2. I need one of these, too. Again, I don't have a clue to what's good or not. I've had mine for 7 1/2 years and it's not doing much anymore.




3. Last, but so very not least, is this:


This is the unit I want to build on my wall. Pottery barn, it's like ...$5,000. I'll never have that, ever. I know this. But to build it, it should cost me around $800. The green is what I want to paint my wall. The wood for the unit will be painted white. I found all the plans at www.ana-white.com

But alas, I don't want to put all that back on the credit card. The camera will have to last a year, Roger promised me that I could get one for tax return. I think it would be one thing if I were actually a professional, but since it's just a mini-side job now and then, it's not my main income. All the same, I feel ridiculous going to shoots w/ my camera like that.

The vacuum, yeah. That probably WILL go on the credit card, so if anybody has any suggestions as to which ones are good and which ones to steer clear of, I'd appreciate it.

The wall unit seems as far away as this business idea I have..... that I HAVE had for over 4 years and will never have the income to start. Ugh. Money sucks.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh!!!!!! I just had to comment, because MY Fuji had the EXACT same problem! LOL My honey surprised me with a new camera with our tax return too (a MUCH better camera than I ever expected, too!). I also have vacuum issues (maybe something is going around? LOL). I agree totally with your last statement though...money does indeed suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya girly. Let's chat tomorrow k?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my Dyson vacuum. I'll never buy another brand again. I've had it for about 4 years and it still works great. That's saying a lot since I vacuum at least once a day, sometimes 3 or 4!I would rather pay a lot up front and have it or years rather than buy a cheap one that has to be replaced or repaired every year.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!