Sunday, September 1, 2024

New Month: New Challenges: New Kits!!

 Last month was SO MANY layouts!!!!

I highly doubt I'll get another 31 pages done, but I am excited about the options both at GS and Sweet Shoppe. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really REALLY wish Sweet Shoppe had kits as their rewards. If you do 8 pages, you get 25% off a kit, 16 pages gets you 40% off.

At Gingerscraps, however, doing 10 pages gets you an awesome kit- THAT YOU GET TO USE for an automatic next month's challenge. 

Before I explain the challenges I'm most excited about, I want to introduce you to Book Nook, by Twin Mom Scraps. Remember you can join her FB Fan Group for freebies and chances to win her kits. 


As usual, it's on sale.  BUY IT HERE

There's actually a whole bundle if you want a great deal.


Buy the Bundle Here.

OH, did you want to see what I made with it?! Good, because I love this. I do realize the placement of "My Favorite" makes it look like Lorelai specifically is my favorite, but no. It's that Xander and Lorelai are such good buddies. Seeing them together- that's my favorite!!!

I was able to use that page in the Buffet Challenge at Gingerscraps this month. I"m very much looking forward to participating in the Daily Download challenge for the first time (though I did miss 3 days, so I don't have a whole alpha). Other challenges I can't wait for at GS include Year of Blessings, where I'll talk about work, All About Me, where I get to talk about FOOTBALL, Document Your Life where I get to feature my sailor, and the journaling prompt where I'll be sharing a poem I wrote.

Over at Sweet Shoppe, I am excited to particpate in the "currently" challenge, talking about what I'm watching or reading, I'm still trying to decide. I also love that I can do a page about my favorite things I did this summer, plus pages featuring a big ampersand and torn edges. 

It's going to be a great Scrappy month and I also convinced my parents to send me some photos, so be looking for some vintage images!!

Actually, I think I"m going to enter this page into the "happy or meloncholy" page since I feel like my dad and his brothers are your standard oldest, middle, youngest. My dad's being a little silly in the pic, his big brother standing straight up listening, and his little brother wondering why he has to stand there at all. My grandma looks beautiful here, but tired, as I'm sure being a single mom was.
The kit I used for that one was called Adventures in Memory Keeping by K Cronin.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!