Friday, September 26, 2008

Yummy!

I've been itching to blog so badly lately, but time has NOT been on my side, I tell you. I feel like the last three weeks have been sent from the "GO GO GO" demons or something. Hardly a second to do anything. Tomorrow Roger and I are cleaning. We actually started tonight. We've got to get these kittens potty trained because I just can't take it anymore. I hate that my house smells like cats. YICK! Hopefully we'll find a good home for the kittens soon. They're adorable and half of the time I really want to keep one of 'em, but I'd rather them be together (and me not have to potty train).

Family news- Xander is loving preschool, although he's started being bossy lately. Drives me up a wall. He's writing his letters SO well and I"m so proud of him. Juliana is potty trained now. A few accidents here and there, but for the most part, we're good to go! Vaughn is growing SO fast. He tries really hard to grab things, has rolled over twice, and likes being propped up.

Ok, as for my crafts. I'm in love with crochet. I like trying everything else. I enjoy making cards, esp when I get to paint or stamp. I"m not so good at the sewing, it really frustrates me, so I think for now my main focus is going to be crochet. I'd love to get to the point where I can crochet clothes. For now, though, I'm crocheting food. I'd like to give Juliana something to "cook" with in her fake kitchen. She loves playing in there, but only has utensils.
So far, we have two carrots:
DSCF2045

I also have a cookie, that I rEALLY need to take a pic of, because it's adorable. It's like a peanut butter oreo. I'm also working on a cheeseburger. I have the bun done as well as the tomatoes and the hamburger patty.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO......
a book review!!!!
Amigurumi

I checked out this book, "Amigirumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute" by Elisabeth Doherty  and can I tell you... I LOVE IT!!! Not only are her animals and things so superly adorable, but I can understand the patterns very well. She has cute little snippets about why she picked the things, stuff like that. She also shows you how to do each of the stitches you'll be doing in the book and tells you what level each project is. She even starts with beginner and ends with a challenging "humanoid" (which I have yet to try). One of the carrots in the above picture are from this book (the long carrot) and the cheeseburger is in this book as well. OH! And one of my favorite parts of this book, albeit random part, is at the end she has a little section on hand massage and how to stretch out and relax your hands. Cool, huh?! Her writing is witty and entertaining, which is always a plus. I mean, I even read the section explaining crochet hooks because it was fun to read. I hope you enjoy this book. I'ts SOO going on my "I wish I owned this" list.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!