Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fluffy Head

So, I went to a "book share" tonight. You bring your favorite books (I took one I hadn't read before because I'm lame like that and didn't know any better). I did write down my favorite books and thought it would be so fun to share- until I realized that my books.... were  fluff. They're funny, light, easy to read. Sad that I had to institute a "Heavy Scale" because I'm lame and can't handle any big language or gut wrenching stuff. I did, however, come home with two books to read and a good-sized list. I even brought a book home for Roger.

The books I brought home (and can't wait to start):
James and the Giant Peach by Ronald Dahl (for Roger to read- INCREDIBLE illustrations)
Star Girl by Jerry Spinelli
The Dew Breaker by Edwidge Danticat

My list? So glad you asked! I don't have authors for all of them, though

Evermore
Mormonville (I've heard it is SO funny!!)
Farenheit 451- Ray Bradbury
1776
Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands- Dr. Laura
Anthem- Ayn Rand
The Bell Jar- Sylvia Plath
Memoirs of a Geisha
Secret Life of Bees
Hope for the Flowers- Trina Paulus (that's a kids book)

Anybody read any of those?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!