Tuesday, August 4, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You

We watched this movie last night and I have to tell you, I have very mixed emotions about it. On the one hand, I liked the Gigi character's storyline. It was cute. But then the rest of it pretty much ticked me off. The premise of the movie is adorable, but considering it was a movie or "rules and exceptions" I'd like to know where the general "rule" of marriage was portrayed anywhere in the movie!! Every time they showed a marriage, it was something to be trapped in, something to weigh you down, something that " no man wants to be in." Where was my marriage portrayed? Or my parents? Or billions of other people's marriage? The one where the husband and the wife respect each other? Where they help each other out? Where there's nothing more proud than showing the ring on your finger and knowing that it represents a mutual love and adoration between you and the person you cherish the most in your life? And I don't get why the mistress got all mad when she was in the closet. She knew the whole time he was married! What made her suddenly irritated?

I was just frustrated at the movie. It had a few redeeming qualities, but not enough for me to ever watch it again. Just proves (again) that you can't use Hollywood as a reference for hardly anything realistic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!