Saturday, July 25, 2009

Moral Crafting Dillema

OK, so remember the Halloween cupcake picture I have been talking about the last few days? Yeah, I asked DH if I could get it for my birthday. He said we have to pay bills instead *sniff*. So, I decided to do a different version of it. Here is my dillema- I don't want to be ripping her off, that's rude. I'm changing the design, the way the mediums are used, not the same mediums completely, either. Also, the shape of the cupcake is inspired more by Tricia-Rennea.  I'm worried 1) because I don't want to be a jerk and 2) I KNOW mine won't look as good. Hers is STUNNING!!

So my big dillema is this- I'm doing the cupcake tops at the moment (you'll see soon!) and I'm trying to decide if it would be completely wrong of me to put the cupcakes on a stand, just like hers, or if I should have the cupcakes each separately, making a bunch of mini pieces of art instead of one big one. I may be doing that ANYway solely because using an actual canvas sizes scares the crap out of me. The smaller, the more confident I am. Less to mess up, I suppose.

What would you do? WAIT! I know! You should all buy Goody Goody Gumdrop's work of art!  You should also buy Tricia-Rennea's awesome stuff at her Zazzle store!! :D I'll be insanely jealous, but happy to support someone who's inspired me so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!