Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Chicken Broth

We like using chicken broth in our cooking, so when I saw a recipe for it in my  BHG cookbook, I thought- how awesome would that  be?! I'd have cooked chicken AND broth in one pot. Well, the instructions were simple; 3 lbs of bony chicken, some veggies, some spices, and 6 c of water. Bring to a boil, simmer 2 1/2 hrs, done and you're supposed to have 6 cups of broth. SO I followed the instructions, but decided to put a whole chicken in there (it was in pieces, it wasn't just like a cornish hen or anything like that) because it was about  3 lbs. My house smelled HEAVENLY for 2 1/2 hrs. Then when the timer buzzed, I couldn't wait to get my 6 c prize. I took the chicken and veggies out, lined my colander w/ cheesecloth and poured out all the broth into a pan. All 1/2 a cup of it. Yup. 3/4 of a cup if you count the fat you have to skim off...

Oh well, the chicken is ready for tonight.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!