Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gotta Love Conference

So, besides loving the fact that I get to be uplifted and edified, General Conference is one of my favorite times. While hearing the things that bring peace and comfort in these troubled times, I also get to sit on my tooshy and crochet for two days!!!!

Alrighty, first I want to post the things I finished PREVIOUS to conference
Boo
ok, so I don't know where this idea originated. Kristin was showing me some of her inspiration and one was a set of mismatched frames that said FALL on beautiful paper. They were black letters, but I LOVED the idea and went my way with it! Eventually I'd like to upgrade the frames, but this'll work for now.

Candycorndecor
THIS is one of the reasons I was so ecstatic about One Pretty Thing. She has a Halloween section and there are some amazing links. This link was to Hostess with the Mostess. GORGEOUS (IMO anyway). I think I'll keep this idea and use the vase, change the candy and flowers w/ the holidays. how cute will conversation hearts look in there come V-day?

Vaughn Collage
Yes, I'm aware that this isn't a craft, but isn't he adorable? I'll be making one of my kids soon.

Alright. So conference, me and my hooks stayed happilly attached. I finished Xander's Halloween treat bag, pictured here:
Xanderbag 
It was my first time felting. The teeth look wierd, yes I'm aware. It's because the gray is all 2 stranded and the white is not. Xander doesn't care.

Next, I made a couple more cookies for Juliana's bday set:
DSCF2090
The vanilla one is horrendous. The insides are way bigger than the outsides. Oh well. It's a pretend cookie for a three year old. If I were doing it for a gift (or, maybe one day, commission), I would make sure it was perfect.

DSCF2091
These are Hershey Kisses, or giant chocolate chips, whichever you prefer. I made up the pattern  all by myself. Here it is:
Rd 1: ch 1, make loop. sc 6 into hold of loop
Rd 2: 2sc in each sc
rd 3: 2 sc in each sc
rd 4: sc in each sc
rd 5: sc in each sc
rd 6: dec next 2 sc, sc in next 3 sc's , repeat all the way around
rd 7: sc in each sc
rd 8: dec next 2 sc, sc in next sc, repeat all the way around
rd 9: keep dec until closed. Close w/ sl st at the top.

Let me know if there are any problems in the pattern so I can fix. Don't hesitate to call me out!!

I also did two other things, but one is going to be for the Ravelry Mystery Crochet, so I won't post the pic till I'm done. The other is a pattern being tested right now, so we'll see!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!