Thursday, October 30, 2008

A recipe, by me?!?!

 So I'm not that great in the kitchen (as evidence by my chicken broth post), but last night, i was genius. I knew I had the chicken cooked, so I browsed through a bunch of the Kraft Food and Family Magazines (if you don't get them, RUN to their website and sign up, they're free and genius). One caught my eye that was mac and cheese w/ chicken. It called for green pepper and diced tomatoes, so I closed the book and started thinking.

Ok, before you FREAK at the proportions, this was made for 2 families. I'm wondering if would freeze well...

DSCF2672

Mac and Cheese Genius
3 boxes mac and cheese (3/4 c milk, 3/4 c butter or margarine)
2-3 lbs cooked, chopped chicken
1 large (or 2 small) green peppers, chopped
1 reg size can tomato sauce
1/2 c- 1 c salsa (we barely used any as to hide it from my son)
1/2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
almost 1 tube ritz crackers.

Preheat oven to 350*. Make the mac and cheese accd to directions. Once it's ready, add in sauce and salsa. Stir. Then add chicken and green pepper. Separate into 2 8x8 dishes. Top w/ cheese & ritz. Bake 10 min (till cheese is melted). SOOOO yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!