Monday, February 11, 2008

The right toy

First let me start off by saying that I studied daycare (long enough to know that I could never do it as a career). My favorite lesson was on "centers" where there is a math center, a learning center, a make-believe center, etc. 



It made me think about my future house and how I know that I'd never have enough room (or money) for centers in the home. But I still remembered the point of it all.... kids should be learning while they play (even if it's not "lesson" learning). Blocks, costumes, everything is learning to a child.



Which brings me to my question. My son's 4th birthday is in June. If you could have any "toy" or any one thing for the home for a 4 year old to play with, no matter the cost, just as long as it fits in one small room of the house, what would it be and why?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!