Friday, February 1, 2008

Valentine's Wreath

So I got the inspiration for this from http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2007/11/recycled_wool_scrap_wreath.html
and decided to try it myself. It was all in guessing (I did it during virus time, so I wasn't on the comp at all), so I decided to take a few pics as I went along
First, materials:


I bought the wreath at DI (the big thrift store here in Utah) for $.50
Fabric scraps: most were scraps, 2 of the patterns were old shirts
Hot glue gun
Paper hearts
Prima Flowers
Broken pieces of Jewelry
Buttons


First, I cut the strips of fabric (ok, I kind of did this as I went along because I didn't know how many I'd need). I decided to do 6 different fabrics: 2 pink, 2 purple, 2 red.


I did no measuring, no ironing, no straight cutting, lol. If you want yours to look a little more chic maybe that would be a good idea, but you'll learn that I am NOT a patient crafter.


Anyway, so I took the first strip and just hot glued it to the back of the wreath. Then I took strip #2 and overlapped it a tad and did the same thing.... all the way around.









This is what the back looked like. Isn't it funny how that button is on there? It's because it was the cuff of one of the shirts I used. So the back is not pretty at ALL, but hey, who's going to see it?


I just repeated my pattern all the way around. The wreath was WAY wider on one side than the other so I was a little bit worried about that, but once I put decorations on it, I liked it.










This was what it looked like when all the fabric was put on, but before the embellishments















This is the final product

















Close up (albeit sideways) view of the main detail











Now, can I see yours?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!