Thursday, August 7, 2008

Shameless Show-Off

Ok- you know how I want to become a better seamstress? Well, I've decided that I'm in love with reconstructing clothes as WELL as regular sewing. I figure it's a great way to practice, increase my wardrobe, and do my part.

SOOOO.... I went to the library yesterday and got a bunch of books. If you know me at all, you know that I'm not patient and I want to do things RIGHT NOW, but I was at my mom's house..... So as soon as I got home, I found a pair of jeans that fit around the waist, but happened to be those ever-unflattering tapered legs. Combined w/ ribbon and a shirt I used to wear all the time, here's what I've got now!
Jeanskirt

And  to sweeten the deal, my nieces were at my mom's when I went to the library, so when my SIL came to pick them up, I asked her if she had any clothes that needed to go to DI and when she did could I have them? She let me know that she had a few bags in the trunk on their way. They were exactly what I needed. 3 of the shirts actually fit me and look cute as is!

On top of everything- today is my birthday and I think we're going shopping! Without my older 2 kids! So i might not sew much today. Between the fun stuff planned and the fact that my husband bought me Breaking Dawn.....

Oh, and I was honored to see that Jen Leheny at http://www.jenleheny.com came over to visit my blog. One thing I love about my blog is that it's all about inspiration. I LOVE seeing what people have done similar or with the same idea as mine. I love seeing links and pictures to other people's works of art. And to me, NOTHING makes my day more than inspiring someone. It gives me a natural high. So THANK you for your comments and totally- I want to see your ABC book!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!