Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Something Special

Yes, I'm fully aware that it is only August. However, I need to make two or three extra extra special Christmas gifts for this year (one of them also has a bday in October, so I need to add that in there too).

The first gift is for my mom. Kristin gave me a few really, really good ideas that I am really toying with for her. One was a book w/ letters from people who love her. I like that idea, but it makes me nervous having to rely on other people to get stuff done on time. I think I might hold off on that one till her bday in June. Another idea we talked about was a tablecloth/runner/placemat/napkin set. I love that idea too, but she deserves amazing fabric, so I'm going to keep my eye out for some kickin sheets to turn into that set.  Kristin sent me an email w/ a link to an apron pattern. It makes me feel silly for not thinking of an apron before. How neat would that be if I could actually pull off a GREAT apron for my mom? One that says, "I know how much you adore the kitchen, how cooking is your therapy. Thank you for the years of care, comfort, and of course, food you've given me. I couldn't have done it without you." It just seems the perfect thing for her. An apron. Yes, I think I"ll make my mom an apron. A GOOD apron.
This is my mom:
DSCF0872

Next on the list is Rachel. Rachel and I were roommates in college. We hung out more than I did w/ any of my other roommates (because she came w/ me to Roger's house). After college we'd talk a little, but not often. Then she got married and had a baby and since then, we have been SUPER close. Roger and her hubby, Jerry, get along AMAZINGLY, her little boy is Juliana's age, and now we live in the same time. They've saved our butts on more than one occasion and just take care of us. So, I need TWO special gifts for Rachel. One for her birthday in October and one for Christmas. Any ideas? Last year for her birthday I made her a bag and matching headband. That so doesn't seem like ENOUGH anymore. I've thought of possibly crocheting and/or sewing a SLEW of belts for her (she loves belts). I've also toyed w/ the idea of printing a bunch of pics of her son and framing them, but I just don't have the money for that. What do you give someone who has given you things that you can't even express how much they mean to you?
This is me and Rachel:
DSCF0819

I also have a few other very important people in my life I'd like to make some gifts for, but I'm not giving any details because I know a few of them check this blog, tehehehe. So, if you're one of them and you know it, just pretend you didn't read this part. ;D

Any ideas are great. I'm so excited for Kristin to put her lists up because there will be awesome ideas on there. Right now she has a list of stuff for kids that I will DEFINITELY be pulling from and you'll totally hear about it eventually.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment means a lot to me! New comments make my day!